Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Drum Roll Please...

So, we decided to bring in the New Year with a bang.

Life always brings new transitions and life-altering changes, and it is time for a new shift in our eventful life. Catherine and I have been married for fourteen and a half months now, and have more than enjoyed our time with one another. Our love has now grown enough to incorporate another individual into our small family.

Thus, we are ecstatic to announce that Catherine is pregnant and the baby is due July 8th. If it is a boy, he will be named Curtis Benjamin. Curtis, named after the first ancestor on my father’s side to join the Church. Benjamin because, well, I wanted to pass on something good to my son, and I like the name. If it is a girl, she will be named Sara Mae. Sara is a name both of us like, and is also the name of Catherine’s deceased sister (she died while Catherine was very young). Mae is Catherine’s mother’s middle name, and much more likable than Thelma (her mom’s first name).

We are both beside ourselves with joy, and look forward to starting our own growing family.

(We have no time to spare if we want to reach our goal of sixteen kids…in fact, we probably wasted too much time already…)

9 comments:

JordanGuy said...

Godfather dibs!!!

Adventures of Ardis said...

I am so excited for you two! I saw your status on Facebook, Ben, and was too curious and had to check out your blog...you will be the best parents!

Harding's said...

CONGRATS!!!! This is very exciting news!!

Greg and Alyssa said...

Holy cow. Congratulations! Get as much sleep now as you possibly can. :)

Erin said...

Congrats you guys! That is way exciting. I LOVE the names you guys have picked for your baby, Ben is one of my favorite boy names and Sara Mae is a name that I honestly was thinking about for Claire!

Congrats again, I hope Catherine isn't too sick. I'm sad we won't be in the ward to see your little tummy grow! Maybe we will just have to ask you guys to babysit our kids again so we can see you guys. :)

Erin Pettingill

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! You'll be amazing parents :-)

Rebecca & Jeff said...

WOO HOO!! That is so exciting! We are thrilled for you. Pregnancy is such a miracle, hopefully it will be more of a joy then a burden for you. What a Happy New Year it will be!

Megan said...

Congratulations! YIPEE! How are you feeling Catherine? I hope you are not sick. Let me know if you need anything. We are so excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

16 kids? Are you serious? That's the number I picked when I was young. But Tyson wants 20. We'll see how far we get--by the way this is Cambria posting under Tyson's name because for some reason when I log into our blog with our name it doesn't let me do anything cool.