1. I can't wait to graduate from BYU, just for the sheer joy of being able to grow a beard.
2. I pride myself on being well-read in literary classics, but I have yet to read ANYTHING by Jane Austin. Not a book, not a short story, not a chapter, not even a sentence.
3. I got married in the middle of a semester, and only missed one day of classes.
4. The Albuquerque Boy Choir sang a song I composed in the Gloucester Cathedral in London, England.
5. The best nap I have ever had was in the Lima, Peru Airport.
6. I've had a (minor) stroke.
7. There is a good chance my firstborn will spend most of their first year in either England or Scotland.
8. I've seen the Beach Boys perform live.
9. I used to wake up for work at 5am every morning, and now it is a chore to get up before 7 (or 8, sometimes).
10. Four of my favorite months were spent living less than a hundred yards from the Nauvoo Temple.
11. If I wasn't a Mormon, I would be a Transcendentalist.
12. I was almost arrested the night before my High School graduation.
13. I've been to the Vatican on Easter Sunday.
14. I've sung for the President of the United States (it was when Bill Clinton was in office).
15. While on a bike-ride through a rainforest in Alaska, I got to see a live bear (from quite a distance, mind you--but still).
16. When I grew up in New Mexico, I attended almost every UNM-BYU basketball game. But, since I have moved to Provo several years ago, last night was the first BYU basketball game I have attended.
17. I am deathly afraid of snakes. Like, I freak out if I ever see one.
18. If I were rich and could buy any vehicle I wanted, I would own a yellow jeep wrangler.
19. I learned to ride a motorcycle on my grandparents' farm when I was like 12.
20. One month after getting my driver's license, I t-boned a semi-truck.
21. When I was waking up from my first knee surgery, I put a nurse in the scissor hold with my legs.
22. I think that there are few things in life better than laying under a tree on a beautiful day and reading Walden.
23. I used to own more than a dozen shoes, but my dad stole all of them while I was on my mission (including stealing my last pair while I was getting my bag out of the car after being picked up at the airport).
24. My wife is praying that I don't get accepted to Yale so that we have to go to grad school in England or Scotland.
25. I love playing basketball, but after several knee surgeries I am forced to be the slow, fat, crippled guy who just hangs around the 3-point line.

3 comments:
I am thinking you are way too well traveled for a young whipper snapper. You've had more experiences (musical & medical) in your short 24 years than I've had in twice that. I'm thinking you need to back off and attend UNM or something. I've raised a monster (albeit an intellectual, well traveled monster.) Love, your mother.
How did we not know that you guys had a blog, or are going to another continent (probably) and HAVING A BABY????!!!!! I just clicked on your name on the comment you left and found this. Tyson didn't think you had one. Well, I'm glad we can keep more updated on what you're doing!!!
How did you not know we updated our blog?... I think the better question would be thus: How did I not know your blog existed? Ben, today I went to honors colloquium and Terryl Givens spoke to us about the concept of a "pre-existence" in Western culture and thought. Anyhow, after the lecture, we got to talking somehow about California, then engineering, and he mentioned he was going to an engineering conference at Claremont (where my little sister got accepted) which led to Richard Bushman since he's at Claremont now and also going to that conference. Anyhow, in the end I told him one of my best friends is working on the Joseph Smith papers project and when he asked me your name and I told him, he just lit up like a light bulb! Said he'd met you and others on the project. Apparently you made a good impression because he seemed to remember meeting you. Just thought I'd tell you because it was weird that you came up two days in a row. That should be happening more often! I like your 25 random things. (I actually read them on Facebook before I learned you had this blog) And that's exciting you're going off somewhere cool! Take us with you! And one more thing... push up the due date a week so we can have joint birthday parties in the summers. Think about it, July 1st is the best birthday because it is exactly 6 months from new year's day. So your half birthday is on new years. Awesome! And I guess December is second best.
Post a Comment