Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Updates, Updates, Updates

I figured it was about time we update the blog and informed all our faithful readers (all 3 of you) of our upcoming plans.

First of all, I graduate in eight days. Eight. Days. I'm really excited. My mom made some pretty cool announcements, but blogger is acting stupid and won't upload them. Your loss.

The next couple weeks will be pretty hectic. We will be moving most of our stuff down to New Mexico next Saturday, spend almost a week down there, and then drive out to Arizona for a fireside I have been invited to give in Catherine's cousin's stake. We will then drive up to Provo and move into our temporary apartment right next to campus.

The highlight of May will be a family trip out to Nauvoo with the family, and I will be delivering a paper at the Mormon History Association Conference in Springfield, Illinois.

When we get back, I'll be starting what promises to be an awesome six-week seminar with Richard Bushman, Terryl Givens, and Matt Grow. The topics for the seminar are the Pratt Brothers.

This is a young Orson (about the time he served as a missionary in Edinburgh)

This is an older Orson when he rocked an awesome beard

And this is handsome Parley.


Ok, so they weren't the two best-looking brothers--but they were brilliant! It should be a fun summer.

The day after the seminar is done, baby Sara Mae is due. We are getting more and more excited!

We will then spend a couple months in New Mexico until September when we will be moving to graduate school in....

...



Edinburgh!

Ok, so I think everyone knows that already, but I thought I would still make it dramatic. Anyways, for those who may not know, I will be attending the University of Edinburgh's Divinity School for a masters degree in theology. That means, I will be attending here:



Should be a fun couple of months!


6 comments:

Greg and Alyssa said...

Good job updating!

Question: what happens if Catherine goes into labor early? You bringing all the baby stuff to the seminar? Just curious.

Ben said...

Luckily, the seminar is here at BYU, so I'll always just be like 200 yards from Catherine :)

Virginia said...

Hey Catherine -- how exciting!!!! Um, I'm a bit dumb, but where is Edinburgh????

Hope all is well.

Love you, Virginia

Catherine said...

Virginia,
Yeah, we are super excited!!! Edinburgh is in Scotland. So we get to live across the pond for a year!

Unknown said...

Edinburgh! That sounds amazing Ben. We just went to an Edin-like valley in Kauai, but there were no iceburghs there. I know you'll enjoy it. Tell Catherine and Sara Mae hello.

Aloha,

Tyson

PS - The "Flower" game was too easy for you because it was not designed for the English/theology graduate student:) I'll have to think of something that you wouldn't expect for next time.

Anonymous said...

The Pratts...um...were...how can I put this...they were wiiiiiiild. wild wild wild. I hope the seminar was awesome and amazing and everything you could ever want--except you should know that my year was the best year and Richard was my scholar-adopted-grandpa and gave me hugs and called me "lovely" so there. (Unless Richard did the same things to you in which case we would be even)

Congrats on the baby too! And good luck in Edinburgh! We're wanting to save up for a trip to Scotland in the next couple years. Maybe we could meet up and say hi--hike Arthur's Seat, walk the royal mile, see the crown jewels, go to that place Harry Potter was written in, talk about philosophy--you know, Edinburgh stuff.