- I really, really like the new James Bond and Batman movies; I feel both series are such an upgrade from the old ones that it isn't even a comparison. Call me post-modern, but I hate it when movies attempt to portray this non-existent cement wall between good and evil, black and white. Rather, I love it when humans are presented as complex figures with complex feelings and allegiances. As we all know, good and evil are not the easiest to tell apart; as much as we don't want to admit it, humanity is full of grey areas and divided decisions. I feel both of these new movie series catch this element. (I also love these movies because they go beyond action films and are also intelligent.)
- I have always loved the comedies of Jim Carey and Adam Sandler. They can both be crude at times, but they can always make me laugh and that is what matters. (It's ironic that I love my action movies intelligent and my comedies ignorant--but oh well.) Anyways, both of them have new movies coming out this year...on the same day. It's like "when worlds collide." This is the closest we can get to a "stupid-comedy" heavyweight bout.
- I've been in California for the last few days, and I don't feel like the alienated Mormon I guessed I would be. I don't know if I expected to be picketed or something, but I don't know, I just expected something. I'm weird, I know.
- I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
And...thats it.

1 comment:
I'm glad a blog connection has been opened to us. With your Bond comments, I would add that Bale has introduced a human complexity in the Batman movies that was never there before. I know this is a superhero movie (or just a super rich guy in this case) but the man has issues.
Post a Comment