1. It's hard for me to think of interesting things about myself. That's why it has taken me so long to do this after being tagged.
2. I don't really have a favorite anything. Ask me my favorite movie and I'll try hard to think about it and then just pick one I like to tell. Ask me later and it'll change. :) I do have a favorite color though, blue... navy blue. But it doesn't affect my choices in things. For instance there could be the exact same shirt in Red, Blue, Yellow and Green and I might like the Yellow one best.
3. I have a pilots license.
4. I was born on the freeway. (I-5 in California)
5. I was a Cheerleader in High School and Junior High. Disclaimer: I wasn't the stereotype cheerleader and was known as the "Nice Cheerleader." I was proud that my little sister got this tag also. I hope and like to think that it was because of my good example. :)
6. I hate spiders! Scared to death of them! But if the choice comes down to letting one live to crawl out form somewhere new or killing it, after taking forever to get up the nerve I will kill it.
7. I was lucky (and guided) to find my soul mate. I didn't even think there was such thing as soul mates. I learned my lesson. ;)
8. I served a Spanish speaking mission in the Miami, Florida area. Such great people there!
9. My call sign on the Flight Team in college was "NC-17." The guys all thought that this would be funny because those who saw it on my jacket and didn't know me (ie: when we did flight line tours for the University for all the prospective students and their families, or saw other flight teams, or hosted special visitors) would think the opposite of sweet innocent me. I guess it worked on the joke end because everyone on campus knew me and thought it was ironically funny. It was a better name than "Mrs. Happy Pants" which was their first choice. (There was a magician that came to campus the night before the call sign party who chose me out of the audience to come on stage and help with a trick that involved a puppet named Mr. Happy Pants.)
10. Three of my six siblings passed away while growing up. (My older sister when I was 1, my Half Brother when I was 10 and my half sister when I was 17. Infection-5 yrs old, Car accident-around 25 yrs old, and Diabetes/Kidney Failure-around 35 yrs old respectively. I still have a Half Brother, Half Sister, and Sister alive.)
11. I have an issue with telling stories or describing something without going into too many details (as you can see here), much to the chagrin of my husband. I like to make sure I am understood. It is some incessant need I have and is really hard for me to try not to go into details, but I have gotten a little better.
12. I've had the privilege to see Machu Picchu, Peru as well as the Floating Reed Islands on Lake Titicaca. Yea Buddy!!!
13. When I was 10 or 11 I knocked out the teeth (at least 3) of an older boy. For my birthday party we went to Wiskeytown Lake and went swimming. There was a floating dock that you could swim out to and climb up and jump off of. It was fun! Well some boys thought that they would start to shove everyone off, we didn't even know them. I decided I was not going to get shoved off by some boy so I stood my ground, held on and pushed back (I was the only one that didn't go off!), and the boy who was trying to push me while I stood there finally stepped wrong and slipped. He hit his mouth on the deck and knocked out a few teeth. I felt horrible but at the same time felt justified because I was defending my self. I picked up his teeth, apologized, and gave them to him, his mouth was bleeding, and he took them and THREW them into the water! I looked at him in shock like "you are an idiot." I told my parents and had my friends and sister who saw what happened to back my story. My Dad and I went and found the boy and his parents, they were packing up to take him into town to a dentist, and I apologized again to him and to his parents. They had asked or said something to me I and I told them what had happened. Apparently the boy hadn't told the whole story and left out the part of him trying to shove me off and that he threw the teeth into the water. His parents were not happy with him. He still was a dumb boy and I'm proud I won the stand off when he was so much bigger than me. But, from that experience I decided that doing something just for my pride was never worth it.
14. I absolutely adore red vines licorice!
15. In fifth grade I broke a whiffleball bat. Broke right in half where I smacked the ball. Luckily there was another bat so we could continue the game.
16. I was never one of those boy crazy girls. I didn't need a boy. I can't remember having any boyfriend for more than a week (minus my husband) and that was for the very few that even made it to the boyfriend phase. It was because I always just knew that I didn't want anything serious with that person. I always gave boys a chance and would go on a first date, maybe a second, but really tried to not lead anyone on. I preferred to date around and get to know people. (I was very judgmental (about good qualities, not superficial things) on who I was willing to get serious with. I had very high standards and Ben was the only one to pass. Luckily he passed with flying colors and I married him!)
17. I've been to Kauai, Hawaii! Way cool! I went with a really good friend and her parents. We had fun and saw some beautiful sites.
18. I lived in Prescott, Arizona for two years and never saw the Grand Canyon. Still haven't seen it to this day.
19. Same with Disneyland. I grew up in Northern California (Redding) and I have never been to Disneyland. Though I have driven past it once. :)
20. My little sister and I are One Year, One Month and One Day apart. She was five days short of getting married one year, one month and one day after me. (Funny, I always thought she would get married before me.)
21. I love to listen to Books or Lectures on CD while I work on cleaning or am doing something with my hands like a craft. I feel more productive that way.
22. I love to cook and bake. I especially love to learn new techniques of how to make things taste better or look prettier.
23. I would say I'm a jack of all trades; I know a little about a lot and a lot of nothing. ;)
24. I have a great ability to see the entire forest while seeing each individual tree at the same time. (ie: I can see the big picture and all it's parts)
25. I am one of the world's prettiest and smartest women along with my friends and family (this includes my newer family members from my husbands side). It's amazing how I have been able to keep such an elite group around me my entire life. Not many can say they have such gorgeous, caring, sweet, and intelligent friends and family members. I'm pretty special!

No comments:
Post a Comment