I am currently alone and lonely in Provo as my beloved wife is out in California returning her parent's van (well, actually, the van never did, um, make it there...but that's another story that maybe Catherine can share). Since I can't seem to get my better half off my mind, I figured I'd share a fun vignette from Wednesday that you all may enjoy.
So, the van had been out of commission for a few months as a result of a faulty battery. But, since we were planning on getting it out to California this week, it was somewhat necessary for us to get it running again. So, with the help of a very helpful ward member, we were able to remove the old battery that was severely corroded and difficult to take out. We then went to Checkers to get a new one and promptly put it in. When we tested the car, it turned right on and sounded great (we were so proud of ourselves).
Amidst all this activity, we noticed that I had gotten grease on my khaki shorts. (Why was I wearing khaki shorts, you ask? Well, the answer lies in the question, my friend.) We wanted to immediately go play Frisbee to get some exercise, but Catherine was smart and knew we needed to do something quickly with the shorts. So, while she preferred that we wash them right away, she suggested that we could just soak them in the "tub," meaning the tub of the washer machine.
You could imagine her surprise and laughter when she walked into the bathroom later that night to find the bath-tub half-way full with my shorts soaking in them.
Just a glimpse at what she has to put up with. I'm sure glad she does, though!

3 comments:
That is what happens when you have your husband do the laundry. Good try.
It was my bad for not saying the washing machine tub when I was thinking that. I see how easily it was for him to think bathtub instead of laundry tub when I was just talking about soaking them in the “tub” before I washed them. (Now you understand what Ben has to put up with.;)) It was really funny to find his shorts in the bathtub though. A fun lesson in communication and saying what you mean. Thanks to Ben’s great bathtub soaking, I was able to get all of the rust and corrosion gunk that rubbed off the battery onto his shorts out before washing them.
Ben & Catherine! Love your blog! it is so fun to read all about your wonderful experiences. Isn't being married the best! LOVE IT! Hope you are doing well, we look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.
Post a Comment