Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

Christmas Morning 2010


Even though Sara wasn't fully aware of Christmas or presents, she still decided to keep with the storied kid tradition of waking up early. (She had been doing that a little lately.) So, we had a little Christmas slumber party in our room that morning. Though I don't think there was much slumbering going on. When we did get up we decided to get ready for the Christmas Carol Service our ward was having and to open gifts afterward. Well, a Christmas miracle happened and I wasn't just ready on time, but early. All of us were, so we decided to open gifts. Yay!

Here is our Christmas Corner. With our tree and our present tree. I think it worked out rather cute.

Sara went first. (Doesn't she look so cute in this dress?)

And she got a doll! So now she'll have her own baby. (We were hoping this would help her be a little more ready for Curtis and more okay with him if she had her own to take care of.)

At the ward Christmas party Sara saw Santa and he gave her this gift. Since she was too tired then to be interested in opening it we saved it for Christmas.

It was a cute animal puzzle. Thanks, Santa!

Next she got a Mr. Potato Head.

Yeah Buddy! She was excited and wanted to open it right then.

Ben opened Curtis' gift from Grandma & Grandpa Park. Clothes! For when he gets a little older.

I got a nice fleece pajama set from Mom & Dad Park (I don't know why we didn't get a picture with the outfit afterwards, but here is me, Sara, and the box.)

Next, Daddy helped Sara open...

...her magic writer! 

Sara and Daddy opening her gift from Grandma and Grandpa Park.

  
She got a talking purse and a singing book. She loves things that sing and make noise!

She had to crack open that book right away!

Ben got some nice clothes from his Mom & Dad.

Mom always does really well picking out good clothes for him.

Ben was so excited for me to open my gift from him. He had given me clues as to what it might be, but they were given in such a way so I'd be thrown off the trail.

It was Edinburgh Monopoly!!! I love games! And I love Edinburgh! (Poor Ben had to console himself when he got it, because it meant he'd have to play it. It only took me a week to get him to play it with me. And
 he beat me! I hope to get a rematch sometime soon.)

Sara and I got in some magic writer time before we had to go. (This was great to have at the Carol Service to entertain her and has made the trip every Sunday since.)

Not pictured is Peter, a friend who was in town for a few days visiting other friends who stayed with us and spent Christmas morning with us.

We enjoyed the Carol Service. Though I have to admit, I thought going in we were going to mostly just sing songs. Since we hardly ever sing all the Christmas songs in the Hymn Book let alone the wonderful Carols not included in the Hymn Book, I was excited for this! So I was a little let down when we sang, but there was a long narration in between the songs; someone would read the story of the Carol coming about and then we'd sing it. It was nice to hear the stories though. (I just wanted more songs. :) ) And after the program part we had a testimony time at the end, which was lovely. It was a nice Christmas Service.

Here we are after the Carol Service coordinating in Red. Completely unplanned. Which I found funny when I realized that last year we coordinated in green completely unplanned.
Great minds think alike!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog entries :) they make me miss y'all, of course, but that's ok :)
Kiss those cuties for me.
Denise