We weren't going to have a Christmas tree this year, at least not in the traditional since. (I had wrapped lights around a tiered corner shelf thing and that was going to be our "tree.") I was even going to make ornaments for our "tree". Then Ben's computer wouldn't open and my ipad had been acting funny so we went to city centre to the apple store to have them fixed. After they diagnosed the problems with our electronics we strolled around checking out the shops. One shop, a suit store, was going out of business so everything was on sale, furniture and all. Sara loved all the empty cubbies toward the back of the shop that she could sit in. This fortunately brought us back there where we started joking about buying one of their big racks to hang our clothes on. That's when we noticed it sitting on top of one of the racks we were joking about - a Christmas tree. It was the only thing festive in the shop. It hit us, they are selling everything. Everything! We asked if they would sell us the tree and for how much. The guy said he'd sell us the tree with the few big ornaments(baubles) that were on it for 2.50. Sweet! (Unfortunately we did not find any good, inexpensive, suits. They had been picked over pretty well.) It seemed kinda Grinchy of us to take their one Christmas decoration, but we now had a real fake tree!
About a week and a half before this, I had been looking at Christmas trees and ornaments to order with our grocery order but discovered that they had no trees to offer, only ornaments. So I deleted the box of ornaments, that I had put on the order while searching, off the order. Despite my deleting them they still came. (Don't worry they were paid for, the order apparently went back to what it was before I deleted them. Site glitch.) I was going to return them or maybe use them on our shelf tree, but then we got an actual tree and they were perfect! The box had a star topper and beaded garland as well. We were all set!
Sara trimmed the tree with some help from Mommy putting the ornaments on the branches where she wanted them. The following pictures are the cuteness that ensued:
Isn't it pretty?
I think she did pretty good for her first time.
Good job Sara!

No comments:
Post a Comment