Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Ice Drama

Ben and I had a nice date planned for the Friday of the week before Christmas. We were going to go see "Snow White On Ice." Preformed by the Russian Ice Stars!
Some friends who have a little boy Sara's age were going to watch her and we were going out just the two of us! That hasn't happened in forever. (Okay, forever may be an exaggeration but it sure feels that way and it has been months since our last date and had been months and months before that for the previous one.) When Sara woke up that morning she was HOT and cuddly. Poor girl was sick. Ben went down to the Box office and exchanged our tickets for the following Wednesday and found out that Sara could come too. Yay!, because the friends we were going to have watch her were leaving on a trip Monday.

So, Wednesday came. That night it hit me, "Snow White! Wasn't that today?!" I ran over, got the tickets, and looked at the date and read "Wendesday, December 22, 2010." Ben was in the bathroom bathing Sara. I called out on my way to the Bathroom with tickets in hand "What day is it today?" Partly because I couldn't believe we had forgotten and partly because I've been known to mix up my days sometimes. :) He said "Wednesday" and then seeing me enter with the tickets said "oh no, we forgot!" So Thursday morning he was off on his bike again to see if they would let us attend another day. They were so nice! He was able to get us tickets for Friday, Christmas Eve.

So Friday we got ready and made the trek to city centre to the Corn Exchange to watch "Snow White On Ice." Sara absolutely did not want to go down for a nap beforehand and since the show started at two we thought this might be a good thing because then she might sleep and not want to run around for the performance. We got there early which gave Sara time to try to drift off. She was almost asleep when they dimmed the lights to start the show. Sara sensed the change, popped open her eyes, and sat up to see what was going on. She loved it! She was so excited watching the skating and was a great little clapper. She even knew when to not clap when some people clapped inappropriately. A little before intermission she finally gave in and fell asleep. Ben ran out to get us hot chocolates and Sara slept right through intermission then woke up at the start of the second half. She was so good! Her interest towards the end started to shift to the kids two rows behind us who had twirling light stick things. They were pretty cool light toys. But she got back into the performance for the end. She was so cute in the way she enjoyed it so much. We really enjoyed ourselves as well. It was a great performance! There was even a table in the lobby selling Russian things. I like to get an ornament each year and hadn't done so yet, so I picked one from their cheapest ornaments to remember our Christmas in Cambridge.

Unfortunately, the camera couldn't get any photos that didn't come out too dark without the flash. I took these two before the performance:

Sara and Daddy excited to see the show.

The stage. The first scene is of the witch brewing her potion to be beautiful. That's the cauldron in the middle. The witch would switch between a hag and the beautiful queen by throwing down some chemical that would ignite with a flash of light and smoke. (Think magician.) Ben caught on that the hag was a man dressed in the girl witch costume with makeup and when they did the flash he would hide and she would come out from hiding or vise versa. I totally saw it when he mentioned it, but up till that point I thought she was taking off a wig or something. Haha. Can you imagine trying out for this and when they put up the cast list you see your name next to the hag! And thinking "Wait a second, I'm a guy!" Lol.

Even though we had the drama of rescheduling it turned out to be a fantastic family celebration for Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

Greg and Alyssa said...

look at you! You are a on a blogging roll! Keep it up! I love it!