Wednesday night was our ward Halloween party. Lots of people dressed up and we all ate soup with some yummy desserts and fun drinks. There was a gourmet caramel apple table, yea buddy!, and pumpkin carving or painting for those that brought pumpkins to do it. It was bushels of fun!
Ben and I put a lot of thought into our costumes about midnight the night before and came up with the idea of being a cowboy and cowgirl because we both had shirts that would work. I looked for inexpensive western hats the next day but found the stores pretty well cleaned out. (guess times aren't too tight for halloween) This was fine with me because we saved a few bucks, besides we had plans for the most awesome belt buckles anyways so people would get what our costumes were with out the hats. I met Ben at school a little before the party and we got to work making our large "PARK" belt buckles made out of a cereal box and aluminum foil. I'd say we did a pretty good job. Everyone really liked our exaggerated buckles.
Here are some pictures of us and some friends in their great costumes. You can see how well everyone did dressing up.
Ben and I put a lot of thought into our costumes about midnight the night before and came up with the idea of being a cowboy and cowgirl because we both had shirts that would work. I looked for inexpensive western hats the next day but found the stores pretty well cleaned out. (guess times aren't too tight for halloween) This was fine with me because we saved a few bucks, besides we had plans for the most awesome belt buckles anyways so people would get what our costumes were with out the hats. I met Ben at school a little before the party and we got to work making our large "PARK" belt buckles made out of a cereal box and aluminum foil. I'd say we did a pretty good job. Everyone really liked our exaggerated buckles.
Here are some pictures of us and some friends in their great costumes. You can see how well everyone did dressing up.
Food, Yum!
What is Halloween without a pumpkin?
Ben cut the top and scooped everything out. I carved the Headless Horseman into it (only he isn't completely headless he has a pumpkin for his head).
And last but not least, our friends Russ and Buffy won the most creative costume award. As seen above many came dressed very well but they took the cake. Russ' backpack (excuse me, proton pack) was actually a karaoke machine he got for $1 at DI. He discovered when he got it home that it was battery operated and worked! So he got the Ghostbusters theme song and recorded it in a loop so it would just keep playing. It was a great costume! And his wife matched so perfectly as the Jet Puff Man/Girl (you know the big marshmallow man that stomps through the city and the end of the movie) only she is thin.

1 comment:
Awesome Party!
Post a Comment