Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We've been tagged!



Clarisa tagged us on her blog last week so here it goes:

1. click here for Clarisa's answers

2. Seven random or weird facts each:

Catherine:
1- I was born on Interstate 5 in CA so therefore I was not born in a city and on my birth certificate in the city spot it says I-5 near the [town name left out for security reasons ;)] exit.
2- I am a pilot and have a private pilot license.
3- I absolutely adore Red Vines licorice. For my 10(ish) birthday I got one of those tubs for parties from my parents and I had to strategically place it at the other end of the house (through the kitchen, family room, and garage out to the food storage room) and exert a lot of self control to spread it out so that it would last over a week.
4- Better than Red Vines is any Mint and Chocolate combo. I would say it's the food the Gods eat. And unfortunately for my waist, so hard to turn down.
5- I can't stand the feel of saliva drying on my forehead. (How do I know this you ask? Easy. Ben is the reason this was discovered and he has used it as a torture tool ever since.)
6- If I see a spider I freeze in place and can't move for a few seconds, then after winning control over my body again I let out a scream and try, while stammering, to make out enough words for Ben to understand what is going on so he can kill it. If I'm lucky I can get out the word "SPIDER!" but mostly Ben gets it by my pointing at the spider.
7- According to my husband I have the cutest bum in the world.

Ben:
1- I was a "thug" in my high school days, and from time to time I still listen to some good 'ol thug music.
2- I am terrified of snakes. And I really mean terrified. Like, if I see one outside of a cage all my muscles cramp up.
3- I'm a closet/wanna-be/aspiring poet. Except, Catherine is the only one to usually see my poetic creations (she is generally the inspiration, too). Most of my poetry will remain locked away, until maybe my posterity decides to publish it posthumously...
4- I also have "holy envy" for some Protestant music. Not modern Protestant, mind you, but like reformation era songs (Charles Wesley, Amazing Grace, etc.). I wish we had more of this stuff in our hymn book.
5- I'm fascinated by "radical" American religious groups. You know, the ones who took part in crazy communal, spiritual, and anything-else-you-can-think-of type of experiments. Moravians, Shakers, Quakers, Diggers, you name it. Not personally interested, remember, but academically.
6- According to our speed-reading course, I can read 800 words per minute.
7- This is the first survey-type thingy-mabober I have ever done.

Note: We have made a deal that Ben takes care of the Spiders and Catherine takes care of the snakes.


3. You've been tagged!
We did a bit more than the seven it called for...
1-
Mom Park ~ Park Place
2-
Lani & Colton ~ Lani & Colton Arnett
3-
Becca & Jeff ~ SCORE!
4-
Alyssa ~ Greg & Alyssa
5-
Virginia ~ Jacobson Famliy
6-
Tyson & Cambria ~ Hazai'i
7-
Ardis ~ Adventures of Ardis
8-
Heidi ~ An American Scholar
9-
Meghan ~ Dynamite Comes in Small Packages
10-
Brian & LeAnne ~ Our Crazy Daze
11-
Shaylen & Clint ~ The Hawthorne Hot Spot
12-
Vance & Debbie ~ Vance & Debbie
13-
Amber ~ Peter, Amber, & Chloe Fjeldsted
14-
Bryan ~ Bryan Williams
We didn't tag some of you because we know that you were just tagged recently.

4. Everyone who reads this shall consider themselves tagged.

PS: If your blog is not on our Friends & Family Section please let us know in a comment so that we can add you on.

No comments: